OCC is engineered from natural, plant-based ingredients and contains a high organic matter at its natural state. The components fall into the food-grade category in North America and Europe. To ensure its compliance and suitability for sustainable agriculture, following evaluations and analysis was also conducted.
- It contains no residue for acid herbicides, pesticides MGI, II, III+ML and quaternary ammonium salts in EU residue analysis by ENAC accredited laboratories.
- Certified as entirely non-toxic with no adverse effects or fatality on mice from 1.00g/kg BW to 15.0g/kg BW during LD50 Horn’s method toxicity test under procedures and toxicological assessment of foods.
- The National Parks Plant Science and Health Laboratory Services of Singapore and the South Australian Research and Development Institute confirmed that OCC is non-fungicidal under in-vitro analysis.
- OCC also complies with to REACH requirement as per Articles 31 and 57 of the REACH Regulation EC1907/2006.
- OCC qualifies as input for organic farming under USDA NOP, EU Regulation 824/2007 and Australian Organic.
- OCC falls under two different categories in the International Harmonised System Code. 3105 9010 as organic fertiliser compounds, or 3402 1900 as an organic surface-active agent.